Monday, January 24, 2011

Hello Stranger: Stepping Outside of Your Warm Market

Hi friends!

Today I'm going to touch on a topic that is very important in building your business. Although these things may be common sense, many aren't common practice. Let this article serve as a refresher. Whether your in direct sales or a traditional brick and mortar business, most of us began the same way- by presenting our services and products to our friends and family.



Just as a man can not survive off bread alone, your business can not survive with you remaining in your comfort zone. Our family and friends are meant to be practice as we familiarize ourselves with our the business. They've supported, encouraged/discouraged and served their purpose.

Now its time to kick it in to gear and begin focusing on taking your business to the next level. One thing I love about this company, 5LINX, is that you're in business for yourself, not by yourself! And if you're as hungry as I am, your ready to take it to the next level and we're going to do it together!

One of the most beneficial things I've learned, while practicing with my warm market, is that people don't buy products, they buy solutions. And that I'm not selling, I'm sharing! And if you understand those two concepts you will be well on your way to creating and sustaining your own momentum.

1.) People Don't Buy Products, They Buy Solutions

This highlight is two-fold, whether your acquiring business partners or customers both are seeking a solutions. To find out what the solution is for your prospect you have to do two things

I.) Ask
Wow, ladies and gentlemen do you see how simple your job is? Remember you are not a salesman. You are a consultant...you are helping someone solve an issue or a problem...you are offering a solution! And in order to find the solution you must first know the problem....in order to know the problem you must ASK questions!

What do you like most about your job?
Are you interested in multiple income sources?
Are you happy with your current service provider?

II.) Listen
Then you listen. That's why you were given two ears and one mouth! Just by asking the right questions you will begin to understand your prospects needs.

Oh, so you enjoy meeting new people? Me too! I meet new people all the time in the business I'm in...
Oh, so you wish you made more money? I felt the same way before I got into the business I'm in....I think I can help you with that

2.) I'm not selling, I'm sharing!

That's right ladies and gentlemen! Contrary to your belief, you are not in business to sell. You're in business to share and serve. The primary function of all profitable businesses, regardless of industry, is to fulfill a need. And once you wrap your mind around the fact that you're sharing and not selling you will go so much further in endeavors!

Check out this video on communication dynamics, learn how to effectively communicate with prospects on their level by learning their behavior styles.

Polish Your People-Reading Skills from Jigsaw Video on Vimeo.



I hope you enjoyed part one of Hello Stranger and that these few tips help grow your business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment